TWO PRODUCTIONS - Hanover Community Players (HCP) present two productions each year. A comedy show each spring in April/May and in December a family show featuring children, teens and adults.
Productions to date
- 2007 – Vaudeville The One and Only Santa Claus
- 2008 – Plaza Suite The Christmas Bus
- 2009 – Dumped The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
- 2010 – Jitters Nutcracker, The Musical
- 2011 – Burger Town, The Musical A Neverland Christmas Carol
- 2012 – Is There Life After 50? A Walk In The Woods
- 2013 – A Bad Year For Tomatoes The Princess King
- 2014 – Bye Bye Birdie Musical Everything’s Groovy Musical
- 2015 – Nana’s Naughty Knickers Alice@Wonderland
- 2016 – Larceny and Old Lace Monster in the Closet
- 2017 – Perils of Persephone Robin Hood and the Heroes of Sherwood Forest
- 2018 - The Wizard of Oz Musical Bedtime Stories (As told by Dad) (Who (messed them up)
- 2019 - Sex Please, We're Sixty! Sleeping Beauty, the Panto
DONATE TO YOUTH - HCP donates $1 from adult ticket sales for each show to support youth in the community: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hanover & District- $2,000; South Grey Bruce Youth Literacy-$900; Youth Roots-$700; Children’s Wish Foundation-$200; Women’s House Serving Grey & Bruce $700; The Loft, Hanover (CMHA) $1,040; Hanover Housing Support Program $720; Bruce Grey Mentorship Program $828; Grey Bruce School of Dance $1193.00; The Salvation Army $1,380.00.
CONTRIBUTE FUNDS FOR THEATRE UPGRADES - HCP sponsored a musical concert “Soundly Seated” in 2009 and donated $4000 to the Town of Hanover to assist with the purchase of new theatre seats. HCP contributes funds to the Town of Hanover to purchase equipment for the theatre including stage lighting fixtures, lighting control console, and black curtains and velour drapes for main entrance. HCP also provided materials and volunteer labour to build storage racks for theatre flats, costumes, and props in the storage facility provided and owned by the Town of Hanover. In conjunction with Kerry Moore School of Dance, HCP and KMSD donated two LED lighting instruments and cabling in 2015; Hearing Assist Project to make a section of the theatre seating accessible for those who have hearing aids or hearing loss. $3,000 in 2017. New blackout curtain for theatre entrance, $900, in 2018.
MEMBERSHIP FEES - HCP endeavours to ensure membership fees are affordable for individuals and families
TRAINING WORKSHOPS - HCP offers training workshops for directors, stage manager, actors and various facets of theatre as resources become available
INTO THE FUTURE - HCP will strive to continue to provide the best possible local amateur theatre in the community and remain optimistic that the audience base will continue to grow to ensure the sustainability of amateur theatre in Hanover and the surrounding communities.
HELP US TO CONTINUE.......TAKE OUT A MEMBERSHIP.......DONATE.........