You Are Invited to Attend Our Live Theatre!
We all know that the times 'they are a'changing' but courtesy and co-operation with others never does. If you've never attended one of our shows, here are a few things to help give you the most enjoyable experience:
BEFORE THE SHOW
- At time of ticket purchase, please make sure that the date and time on your tickets is correct. Sorry, there are no refunds.
- Dress comfortably. The theatre is air-conditioned and some may feel the coolness more than others. Bringing a light sweater or jacket to the theatre will ensure your comfort.
- Many people are highly allergic to perfume or cologne. The Civic Theatre is a Scent Free Zone
- Babes-in-arms and very young children may inadvertently cause a disturbance to those around you. It would be prudent to choose seating close to an aisle so that you can take them out of the audience to re-settle them and return.
- Please do not deposit gum on the seats or floor - take all garbage with you to a receptacle. We all take pride in our theatre building and your help is appreciated!
AT THE SHOW
- Arriving at least 20 minutes prior to the show time posted on the ticket allows you time to park , find your theatre seat, greet friends and review the program before the show starts.
- Please, electronic devices, including cell phones, pagers, beepers, alarms, or any device that can disturb the performers and your fellow audience members should be turned off.
- Sometimes it's easy to get carried away, talking, whispering, singing or humming during a performance but this can be disturbing to those around you. Please remember that music or dialogue on the stage will not cover your conversation. Of course, if you are encouraged to join in, please do so!
- Flash photography is not permitted during the performance as it disturbs the actors and audience members alike.
- Audio and video recordings are strictly forbidden under copyright laws and the contract that we sign in order to bring you the production.
- In our theatre, only water is allowed 'in the house' (the seating area) in order to protect the seats and floor. Please enjoy your coffee in the lobby.
- Refreshments will be served in the community hall and lobby at intermission and these help HCP cover expenses. Your support is appreciated.
- Please avoid the noise and disruption of unwrapping throat lozenges, squeezing plastic water bottles etc. during the performance as it is much louder than you think!
- Latecomers will be ushered to their seat at an appropriate time during the show or seated at the back until intermission.
AFTER THE SHOW
- For those on stage, and the crew backstage, your applause and/or a deserved standing ovation is the ultimate reward for their artistic endeavours. Please do not rush out during the curtain call as it can be unsafe for you and it disrupts the audience and the cast members.
- The cast members would appreciate seeing you down in the Community Hall after the show as they'd love to meet their audience.
- If you need assistance or a situation requires attention, please speak to an usher or the house manager. They are easy to spot in their bright red vests.
- Thank you for coming to a Hanover Community Players theatrical performance. We hope you enjoy the show and will tell all your friends.