When You Attend Live Theatre!
We all know that the times 'they are a'changing' but courtesy and co-operation with others, never does. We'd just like to remind everyone of a few things as you are attending a live performance and certain conventions do apply in the theatre.
BEFORE THE SHOW
- At time of ticket purchase, please make sure that the date and time on your tickets are correct. Sorry no refunds
- No official dress code is required however, please keep in mind that many people are highly allergic to perfume or cologne. The Civic Theatre is a Scent Free Zone!
- Babes-in-arms and very young children may inadvertently cause a disturbance to those around you. It would be prudent to choose seating close to an aisle so that you can take them out of the audience to re-settle them.
- The theatre is air-conditioned and some feel the coolness more than others. Please bring a sweater or jacket to the production so that you are comfortable.
- Please do not deposit gum/candy on the seats or floor - take all garbage with you. We all take pride in our theatre building.
AT THE SHOW
- Please plan to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the show time posted on the ticket. Early arrival allows time to park , find your theatre seat and review the show program before the show starts. Everyone is waiting backstage to start the show and those arriving right at the start time hold everything up! All shows start at the stated time as a convenience to the actors, backstage crew and, of course, the already seated audience.
- Electronic devices, including cell phones, pagers, beepers, alarms, or any device that can disturb the performers and your fellow audience members should be turned off.
- Talking, whispering, singing or humming during a performance, unless you are encouraged by the performers to do so, can be disturbing to those around you. Please remember that music or dialogue on the stage will not cover your conversation.
- Please remove your hat during the performance to allow those seated behind you clear vision of the show.
- Flash photography is not permitted during the performance as it disturbs the actors and audience members alike.
- Audio and video recordings are strictly forbidden under copyright laws and our contract that we sign in order to bring you the production.
- Only water is allowed in the theatre. Refreshments will be served in the community hall and lobby at intermission and these help HCP cover expenses. Your support is appreciated.
- Please avoid the noise and disruption of unwrapping candy, squeezing plastic water bottles etc. during the performance as it is much louder than you think!
- Latecomers will be ushered to their seat at an appropriate time during the show or seated at the back until intermission.
AFTER THE SHOW
- For those on stage, and the crew backstage, your applause and/or a deserved standing ovation is the ultimate reward for their artistic endeavours. Please do not rush out during the curtain call as it disrupts the audience and the cast members.
- The cast members would appreciate seeing you down in the Community Hall after the show
- If you need assistance or a situation requires attention, please speak to an usher or the house manager. They are easy to spot in their bright red vests.
- Thank you for coming to a Hanover Community Players theatrical performance. We hope you enjoy the show and will tell all your friends.