Hanover Community Players present
Directed by Randy Corfield
"Those in need of a good laugh you can rest assured that's what they'll get."
The Willits News (California)
Looking for adults of any experience level! 5 Women & 3 Men
Callbacks Oct. 19th (if needed)
St. Matthew's Evangelical Lutheran Church, 356-9th Street, Hanover (please use 11th Avenue entrance)
Accusations, mistaken identities, and romances run wild in this traditional, laugh-out-loud farce. Two nuns at the Sisters of Perpetual Sewing have been secretly making wine to keep the convent's doors open, but Paul and Sally, reporters and former fiancees, are hot on their trail. They go undercover as a nun and priest, but their presence, combined with the addition of a new nun, spurs paranoia throughout the convent that spies have been sent from Rome to shut them down. Wine and secrets are inevitably spilled as everyone tries to preserve the convent and reconnect with lost loves.
- Sister Philamena (F) – Age range: any. One of the three nuns who live at the Sisters of Perpetual Sewing convent. Has secretly been making wine for several years with Sister Augusta in order to keep the convent open. Timid and meek; complete opposite of Sister Augusta, yet they complement each other well.
- Sister Augusta (F) – Age range: any. One of the three nuns who live at the Sisters of Perpetual Sewing convent. Has secretly been making wine for several years with Sister Philamena in order to keep the convent open. High energy, dead pan, and whiny with great comedic timing. Both Sister Philamena and Sister Augusta are devout and are dedicated to their calling.
- George (M) – Age range: 20s to early 40s. Caretaker and gardener at the convent. George isn’t dumb but he isn’t the brightest person either. Funny, charming yet a befuddled, happy-go-lucky romantic.
- Mother Superior (F) – Age range: 40s to early 60s. Has been in charge of the Sisters of Perpetual Sewing for many years. Hates alcohol, especially wine. Somewhat wily.
- Paul (M) – Age: Plays 24. Newspaper reporter. Co-worker and former fiancé of Sally. Paul is an orphan. He’s a good writer, but his conscience sometimes gets in the way of his reporting. Actor must be willing to wear a nun’s habit
- Sally (F) – Age range: 20s to 30s. Award-winning newspaper reporter. Used to be engaged to Paul. Left him standing at the altar on their wedding day to cover and important story. Quick witted and sometimes sharp tongued.
- Sister Mary Catherine (F) – Age: Plays 24. A novice nun sent to the convent to finish her training. Meek and timid.
- Father Chenille (M) – Age range: 40s to 60s. Priest of the local parish that is next to the convent; patient, understanding, and a little clumsy.