HCP Covid Patron Safety
Hanover Community Players
Covid 19 - Patron Safety Plan
• As always, please stay at home if you are sick, keep 2-metre distance from others and wash your hands with soap and water frequently or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• The auditorium can now operate at 100% capacity but at the same time must must ensure 2-metre social distancing between patrons and performers. We are limiting the capacity to approximately 200 people. This is not the stated capacity of the auditorium but we feel it allows us to seat people safely with some distancing.
• All patrons, cast and crew must wear non-medical face masks while in the auditorium. Performers do not have to wear a mask while performing but must be 2-metres away from the audience at all times.
• Hand sanitizer is available at entry and exit points in the theatre.
• Official guidelines for Step 3 of the provincial opening plan are available for background information. https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/r21520
Box Office and Tickets
• Every patron must have a ticket. For contact tracing purposes, the ticket purchaser will be considered the primary contact for any guests and will be expected to have contact information for each member of their party.
• We need to have our ticketing process contactless. To that end, tickets must be purchased online. You can print them to show us or have them on your phone. If you have difficulty, please call the Box Office at 519-506-6902 (only after tickets have gone on sale November 10th, please) Your call will be returned.
• In addition, patrons must show proof of identity and vaccination upon entering. Your QR code or a copy of your certificate is acceptable.
• Tickets will go on sale November 10th.
• All patrons, cast and crew must complete their own Covid 19 screening online before entering the facility. Before you leave for the theatre, please complete your online screening: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
• All patrons and volunteers must wear masks while lined up 2-metres apart outside, waiting to enter and and try to stay distanced while walking inside the auditorium.
• The doors to the auditorium will open one half hour before curtain. Upon entry to the lobby, you will show your proof of identity and vaccination record and be directed immediately to your seats to discourage congregation in the lobby.
• Please do not congregate and socialize once in the auditorium but stay in your assigned seats.
• At the short intermission, you may stand up and stretch but please do not congregate and socialize.
• Please do not bring any food or beverages with you to the Theatre with the exception of your own sealed water bottle.
• The capacity of washrooms is 2 patrons at a time. Signage is posted and staff will monitor this, to ensure safe social distancing in these spaces.
• When the show is over, please remain seated. Our volunteer ushers will direct each row to exit one at a time, starting at the back of the auditorium. This will ensure 2-metre social distancing as you exit the theatre.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
• High touch areas such as washrooms and door handles, etc. will be cleaned and disinfected a minimum of 3 times while the building is occupied.
• Deep cleaning of the theatre and auditorium is done after every show.
This document was accurate at the time we posted it. We will update it, as the official provincial opening plan progresses. Please check back here, before you come to the show, to view any changes to our Covid 19 Patron Safety Plan.
Finally - Please remember we are all in this together. – Our volunteers are here to help and will be on hand during your visit to provide guidance and answer any questions you may have. Welcome back!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.