Theatre Features and Amenities
Needed renovations will take place in 2021-2022 in the Hanover Civic Theatre and Community Hall which will make both areas much safer and welcoming. This will affect all groups who use the area.
The band shell stage enclosure will be demolished! Heating and increased ventilation in the theatre and community hall will be done! Revamped servery area in the community hall! Stay tuned for further updates!
The Hanover Community Players will be using St. Matthews Evangelical Lutheran Church for their panto, Little Red Riding Hood, pending government regulations.
Items below are for the theatre, not the church although the church is accessible
Take a look at our features and amenities:
- Air conditioned
- Some wider seats available in upper tiered seating area
- Hearing assist section south side lower level
- Wheelchair accessible from inside Civic Centre
- Elevator to theatre via east side (clock tower) of Civic Centre
- Washrooms located on upper and lower floors
- Ramped entrance to Civic Centre and then to elevator on east side, from 10th Avenue
- Free municipal parking south, east, north and west sides of Civic Centre/Theatre
- Building located in the centre of Hanover
Hearing Loop System
- A magnetic coil loop system has been installed in the theatre
- Located in the block of 40 seats to the right of the stage
- Allows patrons who experience hearing loss to “tune in” with their hearing aids
- Signal is detected by telecoil or telephone switch circuitry in hearing aids and cochlear implants
- Consult with your hearing aid specialist to learn how to activate the telecoil in your hearing aid
- A clearer, more intelligible sound is heard and background noise is greatly reduced
- Four sets of specialized headphones are also available in the theatre
- Inquire at the box office when you arrive at the theatre to obtain a set